- Today our field is at an important juncture that will require every provider in the state to stand up and be counted. Without a strong and unified voice, our field cannot make an impact on the legislative, regulatory and funding decisions that loom ahead at both the federal and state level.
- CAADPE leads on several issues that will affect our agencies and our clients for decades to come: licensing and certification; funding and reforms of Proposition 64; health insurance; and prison reform as it relates to in-custody Substance Use Disorder (SUD) treatment, community aftercare, and relocation of non-violent offenders into small community-based residential centers.
- Creating partnerships among treatment providers, prevention and recovery communities, counties, state department leaders and elected officials has never been more crucial.
- Stay up to date on public polices that affect the way you do business.
Letter from Albert M. Senella, CAADPE President
Fewer than one-fourth of the licensed agencies in California have carried the ball for all providers since 1989 when CAADPE opened its Sacramento advocacy office. Now is the time for you to join with others around the state so that the AOD voice remains strong and unified.We have a challenging year ahead of us! I look forward to your active participation in CAADPE!
The California Association of Alcohol and Drug Program Executives, Inc. (CAADPE) is a powerful voice for the substance use disorder field.
- CAADPE addresses pending public policies that affect your agencies and your clients.
- CAADPE advocates for care and recovery of those who suffer the chronic disease of addiction.
- CAADPE brings the best thinking of the field to the State Capitol and to Congress, and into the offices of regulators.
- CAADPE is an opportunity for you to participate in the crucial public policy debates about SUD through its advocacy network.
- CAADPE website will link to your agency to our website for another referral path to treatment.
- CAADPE’s Membership Memo delivers up to date news about issues directly to your e- mail inbox weekly.
- CAADPE Alert you about late breaking issue in the state capital.
- CAADPE monitors and posts regular updates on Legislation impacting the SUD field.
- CADPE provides opportunities to network with colleagues for problem solving, educating,and mentoring.
Agency membership is available to any organization that is currently providing alcohol and drug treatment, prevention, and/or educational services. The agency or organization shall designate one person to vote on its behalf.
CAADPE website link to your agency
Legislative bill monitoring
A subscription to the Weekly Membership Memo
Technical assistance with consumer advocacy
Opportunities to network with colleagues for problem solving, educating, and mentoring
Any organization that is currently providing substance use disorder prevention, intervention, education, treatment, and recovery services can join.
Annual membership is based on the size of your SUD program budget or your total SUD agency budget.
For more information regarding membership or to register, please contact Jennifer Yancey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-329-7409. Be sure to include your agency, director, a return telephone number and an email address.